This weekend, we loaded up our bikes and went for a ride on the "greenway" (a local path designed for walkers/bikers which runs by the river.) After a long week, it was really nice to get away for a bit in the great outdoors. (Plus, I am really out of shape and NEED the exercise!) Little man really seems to enjoy riding in his little bike seat and every person we passed smiled or observed his super adorable cuteness. Riding up between Daddy's handlebars with their matching helmets and his little sunglasses on, he is pretty darn irresistible. Then, he rode his little tricycle around the neighbourhood. His little legs are just long enough to reach the pedals, and he does NOT want any help!! He ran into the curb about 20 times, but apparently, that is hilarious. I, for my part, am getting much better at stifling that innate sharp-intake-of-breath reflex... I know I have to let him stretch his wings, but it's tough, sometimes. Last weekend, the little man an Mom went to visit the Georgia grandparents and go to a friend's birthday party while Dad played soldier. It was so very strange to get in the car all alone and head out somewhere. I mean, I do it now and again, but usually, the boys are at home. Being away made it feel so very odd. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for letting me do that! (I only called once and texted two or three times from the party, thank you very much.)
Every day is a gift and I am grateful. Often tired, but always grateful.
20 July 2009
Summer flies by
This weekend, we loaded up our bikes and went for a ride on the "greenway" (a local path designed for walkers/bikers which runs by the river.) After a long week, it was really nice to get away for a bit in the great outdoors. (Plus, I am really out of shape and NEED the exercise!) Little man really seems to enjoy riding in his little bike seat and every person we passed smiled or observed his super adorable cuteness. Riding up between Daddy's handlebars with their matching helmets and his little sunglasses on, he is pretty darn irresistible. Then, he rode his little tricycle around the neighbourhood. His little legs are just long enough to reach the pedals, and he does NOT want any help!! He ran into the curb about 20 times, but apparently, that is hilarious. I, for my part, am getting much better at stifling that innate sharp-intake-of-breath reflex... I know I have to let him stretch his wings, but it's tough, sometimes. Last weekend, the little man an Mom went to visit the Georgia grandparents and go to a friend's birthday party while Dad played soldier. It was so very strange to get in the car all alone and head out somewhere. I mean, I do it now and again, but usually, the boys are at home. Being away made it feel so very odd. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for letting me do that! (I only called once and texted two or three times from the party, thank you very much.)