06 August 2009

Behind...

I do get irritated with myself when I get behind - this has been true of every diary, journal, or blog I have ever attempted in my life. When things are slow, or I have been lonely, there is endless time for introspection and writing. Then, I will meet someone, change jobs, go on a trip, or get involved in life in some fashion, and all my interest in stopping to chronicle seems to evaporate. Two, six, ten months later, I will come back to the neglected forum and think, "Wow, it would have been great if I had gotten these experiences down while they were fresh in my mind..." Alas, I am aware of this pattern but apparently, incredibly unmotivated to alter it. :-)

So ~ we all went to a small semi-reunion of the band that we belonged to in High School (please feel free to insert any High School Musical 25 or "band camp" jokes here...) and it was huge fun. It was amazing, that even after 25 years, I would have recognized any of these people had I bumped into them in an airport. Time has been kinder to some, as is always the way, but overall, we looked GOOD! And it was fun to catch up - and especially fun for me because these were people who knew my husband and me when we were dating (on again, off again, on again with the requisite adolescent drama) in high school. So, to the people who saw us hold hands on the bus and snuggle in the bleachers during football games, it was perfectly natural that we were married. (Poor mom would always ask who won the game when I got back from these events, and I rarely knew. It was about halftime, and holding hands!) It was fitting, that after practicing signing my now-married-name on endless notebook pages in school - I was ready to sign the guest register that way. I'd like to think my penmanship has improved, but can't actually claim it to be so. So, it was a lovely evening. Little guy hung in there until 10:30 p.m. and was really very well behaved and a lot of fun!