19 June 2009

Another Friday... the weeks fly by...



Our little man is growing up so fast. Our first trip to the ocean was really amazing. He was an intrepid little explorer; just tentative enough of the new at first to give me some peace of mind; but once he had the chance to get comfortable with the pool, the ocean, the sand, the boat, Pop Pop's golf putter... he was off and running. It was a great joy for us to watch him take in new experiences and to watch him fall asleep in the seat on the back of Dad's bike as we tooled around the island.

At the moment, most everything with wheels is a "choo-choo" and most everything with wings is a duck. All things four legged are puppies. His vocabulary is growing daily, however, it is like living with a Myna bird! He is an avid, if demanding, reader ~ daily he will climb on us and pusha book at you and demand that you "wree!" He is very good at identifying all sorts of animals in the picture books, and telling us what sounds they make. Just in case you didn't know, (I didn't) porcupines say, "Ow." He is such a little boy now, and it is amazing to get to know this little person. More and more, he has opinions, and there are occasionally battles of wills already ~ but there are already stubborn people in my house, so he fits right in. :-) Even when he's screaming, I wouldn't trade this for anything. (Of course, I have had coffee this morning, and he is at school, so it is easy to wax philosophical...)

Our lives are very full, and while I think I am going to be better about this whole blogging thing, I fear it may be sporadic. I will try, however to find time to share the fun things...