14 February 2011

How do other people do it?

Not that I am competitive... but how do all my friends have time for cool blogs?  I have pretty firmly established that I will get to this about once every three or four months, depending on what is happening in our lives.  Sigh.  So, it is February.  I am not yet finished with my thank you notes from Christmas (very unlike me, and something I should be doing now instead of this...)  The little guys and I are doing well, though we sure do miss Daddy.  It is the little every day things I miss the most.  It is wonderful to see his face and hear his voice on Skype, but it is just not the same.  The boys seem to be coping pretty well, despite the fact that they are stuck with Mom's cooking.  :-)  I know that this is harder on him than on me, because I get to see our kids every day and he does not.  But he is doing his best, and sends notes and things in the mail, and we talk.  Today, February 14, he sent me a beautiful bouquet of roses.  We weren't supposed to do anything.  But they sure are pretty.  Though I miss my husband more than words can express, I am a pretty darn lucky lady.  I am counting my blessings, and they are many.