05 July 2013

Three

Three. My "baby" is three.  BB starts kindergarten this Autumn.  I have become an unlikely expert on superheroes and dinosaurs.  I am almost constantly delighted and worried.  What are they going to learn now?  How will it go?  Will school be exciting, scary, both?  (I know the answer for me, I wonder about BB...)  When I step back from the constant cacophony I am startled by these little... people.  And by how much they have changed me.  Mostly for the better, I think, but I was never this scared of all the evil in the world before.  Now I have an almost constant low-grade anxiety for the pieces of my heart which careen off the walls around me.  I want them to be strong and fearless, so I have to show them that.

On the lighter side, we are pretty much done with diapers, with the exception of nighttime ~ Hooah!  Soon our house will be filled with people who can dress, toilet, and brush their teeth without assistance.  I am already imaging what I will do with all my free time... :-)